Los Angeles accounting professionals can benefit greatly from attending industry-specific conferences and workshops. Conferences offer the opportunity to gain insight into current hot topics in accounting, the chance to expand their network, and the ability to satisfy CPE requirements.
Below are five events that Los Angeles accountants will be frequenting in the near future. Some of these are held annually in Los Angeles. Others may require some travel.
- California Accounting & Business Show & Conference - The 2015 conference was held June 1st and 2nd. It was the 31st annual show for CPAs. Boasting the title of the largest meeting of CPAs in California in 2015, the conference brought together over 1,700 accountants from within and outside of California. The event features several key speakers and dozens of exhibits from a broad range of companies. This is one conference that Los Angeles accountants do not want to miss.
- IMA's Annual Conference & Expo - The IMA is one of the longest standing accounting organizations in the country. Every year, the IMA hosts their annual conference that brings together over 1,000 CFO’s, controllers, financial executives, analysts, and other accounting practitioners. The IMA’s annual conference features a wide variety of exhibitors and keynote speakers.
- AICPA Forensic & Valuation Services Conference - This conference, which in 2015 is being held in November from the 8th through the 10th, provides forensic and valuation accountants the opportunity to attend a variety of sessions lead by experts. Some of these sessions include how to apply complex analytical techniques, scrutinizing online consumer transactions, and analyzing written statements. Attendees also get updates on fair value, the cost of capital, goodwill, and size premium.
- ASA/USC Tenth Annual Fair Value Conference - Held on an annual basis, the Fair Value Conference is sponsored by the American Society of Appraisers. The conference brings together nationally recognized speakers, provides an exceptional networking opportunity for Los Angeles accountants, and is filled with sessions covering the most current fair value accounting topics in the industry. Accountants can also receive several hours’ worth of continuing professional education (CPE) credits for attending.
- Women's Leadership Forum - The Forum in early 2016, will be focused on empowering women working in accounting and finance. The conference brings together finance and accounting professionals from all backgrounds and experience levels. The 2016 conference will cover a broad range of topics, from workplace behavior, office talk, building relationships, confidence, competence, and communication.
For Los Angeles accountants, these events provide excellent networking opportunities as well as learning opportunities. If you have the time, attending one of these events will be well worth your while.
Are you planning on attending one of the conferences, or have you attended one mentioned here in the past? Please share your experience in the Comments box below.
If you own or manage a CPA firm in Los Angeles, and you’re looking to stay up to date on the latest technology, be sure to download your free guide, 12 Ways for CPA Firms in LA to Utilize Technology More Efficiently.