In today’s competitive business environment, companies are constantly looking for ways to save time and money. To save money, companies start by diving into all of their finances to find ways to cut costs.
Less financially savvy business owners or management teams can be burdened by the labor requirements and the time it takes to comb through every detail.
Los Angeles accountants help fill these needs and save time and money for their clients in a variety of ways.
These are just six ways that Los Angeles accountants save money for their clients.
- Travel Spending - Travel and entertainment spending can be a large expense for many businesses. Believe it or not, there are some companies that do not know what makes up their total travel spend. Los Angeles CPAs assist in several ways. They start by looking into the company’s historical travel expenses, showing them what’s in their budget, and highlighting the largest areas of spend. Accountants can also help identify any overspending, and make recommendations for cutting down travel expenses in the future.
- Time Savings - Outsourcing financial work to a CPA results in time savings for the company. The company also eliminates the need to hire and train an internal team for this job function.
- Overhead Costs – To have an internal accounting team, a business must take on overhead costs for these positions relating to salaries, benefits, payroll taxes, and facility costs. There is also a cost for training new hires. Utilizing a CPA firm can save businesses money on these overhead costs and allows them to allocate these savings to another area.
- Greater Efficiency - Hiring an internal accounting team can require a company to implement new software and new processes. This can create more complexity in the organization as these processes integrate into the existing business environment. Outsourcing to Los Angeles accountants can help by more efficiently managing the company’s finances.
- Due Diligence - Proper oversight of financial information and controls is vital in business. CPAs can assist with financial statements, retirement planning, investment analysis, and tax planning. This ensures that everything is prepared correctly, which is especially important in the case of an audit.
- Identifying Savings Opportunities and Weaknesses - Los Angeles accountants can identify potential opportunities that save money and weaknesses that waste money. One example includes accounting processes that cause time constraints or unneeded labor requirements. Other examples include finding better ways of handling bookkeeping throughout the year and addressing processes that are not up to current accounting or legal standards.
There are many more ways that Los Angeles accountants save their clients money in the short and long term. Many companies stand to benefit from outsourcing their financial services to a CPA firm.
In what other ways does your accounting firm save money for your business clients? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments box below.
To follow-through on the tips introduced in this short article, be sure to download your free guide, 12 Ways for CPA Firms in LA to Utilize Technology More Efficiently.