Because so many LA investment advisors work on the go nowadays, mobile device management solutions figure prominently in most company budgets.
Devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops enable financial professionals to work outside the office and even outside company hours to better accommodate the needs of their clients. This convenience and flexibility, however, comes with a certain amount of risk.
To safeguard company and client data, every investment firm needs to be able to detect, monitor, and control all mobile devices accessing its enterprise. The mobile device management (MDM) solutions in this article offer fast and comprehensive ways to make that happen.
MaaS360 helps LA investment firms handle the challenges integral to mobile workplaces. The central administration console enables managers and supervisors to quickly enroll devices in the company’s enterprise environment, configure and maintain device settings remotely, and heighten security for mobile devices. It supports all internet-enabled devices, including but not limited to Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and even Kindle Fire.
- Simple registration process for both corporate and employee-owned devices
- Seamless integration of mobile devices with Enterprise solutions such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 365
- Unified interface for phones and tablets, enabling easy and secure sharing of company documents
- Remote security feature locates, locks, and wipes stolen or missing devices
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions need to be part of a company’s MDM strategy. ThreatMetrix secures employee-owned devices to the extent required by investment firms. Users are carefully screened in real-time, preventing fraud and protecting digital assets without negatively impacting the user experience. Employee accounts are protected against data theft using a complex process engineered to frustrate hacking attempts.
- Profiling of all devices accessing company data and identifying those that could be a high risk transaction
- Ability to customize the program’s Policy Engine, enabling investment firms to incorporate their own risk tolerance
- Analytical reports that allow web-based activities to be properly interpreted, improving security, and reducing fraud
AirWatch Mobile Device Management addresses the challenges associated with mobile device use by providing a simple and efficient way to oversee and manage all network devices. Smartphones, tablets, and laptops can be quickly enrolled and their settings configured and updated over-the-air. A variety of device types and operating systems are managed from a single, easy-to-use console.
- Automatic implementation of appropriate content, apps, and restrictions after user authentication
- Dashboard displaying real-time activity of all devices in the network fleet
- Customizable portal for rapid access to important information
- On-demand remote access commands include clear passcode, find device, lock device, and send message
- In-depth reporting capabilities that provide administrators with statistics about device deployment
The rapid adoption of mobile devices by LA investment advisors, many of whom prefer to use their own phone or tablet to access the corporate network, is driving the need for strong mobile device management solutions. These flexible but secure programs can optimize the functionality of all devices on the network while protecting and controlling their configuration settings and data. As a result, business security risks are reduced and client confidence is maintained.
What technology solutions does your office use for mobile device management? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments box below.
And to follow-through on the tips introduced in this short article, be sure to download your free guide, Investing in High Net Worth Clients: The LA Investment Advisor's Guide to Using Technology to Manage and Grow Your Firm.